Friday 15 March 2019

Channeling YouTube

15 March 2019

Today's session highlighted the importance of creativity.  Mindful of the importance of creating content and not simply consuming it, I found Kevin Roberts (former Saatchi & Saatchi) SISOMO a very useful framework to support future creativity.  SISOMO is short for 'Sight, Sound & Motion' and found me reflecting on previous presentations and how they incorporate these elements.  The conclusion was that there is an opportunity for sure, to amplify my messages through the use of effective audio and video files. 

Not being a classroom teacher, the context in which this was applied was a presentation about the Bikes in Schools Tairawhiti project.  Having received wonderful videos from teachers and principals I saw an opportunity to integrate these.

Today involved setting up a YouTube channel and customising playlists, as well as learning how to upload video clips to my YouTube channel and then insert that link into a Google Slide presentation.  I found this pretty exciting!  Here's a copy of the Bikes in Schools presentation here. Check out the drone footage of the Tolaga Bay Area School!  Thanks to Richard Tuhaka for the footage.
Oh and check out the new About Me gadget too!



4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jo, Great footage. Nice to see Tim on a bike too. Not sure where to find the new About Me gadget!
    Might need to retrieve/ readd these.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Maria, Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I'm not sure what happened with the new layout, it seems to have wiped all my existing gadgets :(. I'll try to spend some time on this before Friday.
      Thanks, Jo

      Delete
    2. Hi Maria, Good news. I went and changed the theme and my gadgets are now back!
      Jo

      Delete
  2. Jo, Just like I love my coffee lady, I love that you are excited by putting today's learning into action with our YouTube and Google Slides integration! An awesome video to share with your funders and your presentation is looking very sisomo.
    Till next week
    Stef

    ReplyDelete