Friday 1 March 2019

Let's get this digital learning journey started

1 March 2019

After a little trepidation, today marked the first day of the Digital Fluency Intensive.  Excited by the prospect of developing my skills and confidence in digital tools, this day revealed several practical time-saving tools - always a bonus.

Key take outs from today included tips about Google Groups and collaborative inboxes.  Google provides plenty of opportunities to enhance collaboration and increase visibility amongst team members.

As a long-time Windows user, the overview about Google docs and some of the functionality (for example voice typing, sorting content by effectively using Headers were very useful and I could see how they would be put to use right away.

The ongoing challenge of taming my Google Drive was assisted with some proven systems.  The importance of setting up sharing permissions currently and how much time can be saved by saving the document in the correct folder in the drive at the start was another simple, yet effective suggestion.

The last session exploring some of the more creative tools available in Google docs saw me exploring infographics and building more confidence in formatting in Google.  It's early days, but the journey has started...

5 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog post Jo as it has reminded me of some of the other 'take homes' I learnt today. So many good ideas and practical functions to remember so I see your blog as a resource to be revisited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, thanks so much for joining the group and bringing your experiences and perspectives. It is interesting for me to read which aspects resonated with you and were applicable. Keep sharing how you get on with these.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo
    like you I enjoyed the last session as I have been very challenged trying to get my hear around creating in google docs with text and pics jumping all over the place. I am sure my colleagues will appreciate this skill too. See you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Jo, I'm really impressed with the way you have jumped into the learning pit. I'm glad you are appreciating the Google docs functionality. I look forward to seeing what else is of value to you.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. The journey has started. A great way to view it. I'm glad that you had lots of little tips and tricks to enhance your workflow.

    ReplyDelete